CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, March 21, 2011

Does your highchair wear slippers? Mine does!

We have hardwood floors throughout the house and I quickly noticed that the wheels on the highchair were making marks on the floor.  NOT GOOD!  I had some scrap fleece from making a few other things so I though I would use that to cover the feet of the chair.  It's very durable and in two years I have only had to replace it twice.   Here is how I do it:

Put a strong rubber band around each foot

Next, fold a scrap into fourths so it is the size of the bottom of the foot (my scrap was about 12x8in)
Then, take another scrap and place it under that to cover the foot and the pad (about 12x10)


Fold the left and right side of the fabric over the foot.


Now fold the back around the leg of the chair.



Fold the front flap of fabric up over the foot.


Stretch the rubber band over that fabric.



Lastly, fold the fabric down over the rubber band to hide it.


And there you have it.  A scratch proof slipper for your highchair.  And in case you were wondering, it does not make the chair unstable in any way.  I have had these on my chair from the beginning.  Hope this helps someone else save their floors.

Lindsay

0 comments:

Post a Comment