CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, March 14, 2011

Sniff, sniff, cough, cough and the miracle that is Vicks!

I'm not surprised that after three days of new Tot classes last week, that Liam came down with a cold.  It started on Friday night with him waking up coughing and crying a few times and then Saturday morning I saw the gunk coming out of his nose.  All day Saturday, Liam was in good spirits but was coughing, sneezing and had a very runny nose.  I did what any mom would do, nasal saline spray and nasal aspiration during the day and then at night, run a cool mist humidifier and give a little Benadryl (per the Dr.).  Then I remembered hearing about Vicks Vapo Rub on the feet as a miracle cure!  I asked my husband what he thought and he said sure, why not try it.  It can't hurt, right?  So I smeared Vicks all over his little feet and then scrunched up his tiny sock to cover them up.  And what do you know, it WORKED.  Not a sniffle, sneeze, cough or cry all night.  He slept soundly Saturday night and Sunday night.  I'm not sure why or how this works, but I am so happy that it does.  I might have to try it on myself tonight, because now mama has the sniffles. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment